Effective Date: July 11, 2021
Last Revised: July 11, 2021
A combination of state and federal laws require financial institutions, including insurance companies, to provide notices to their customers regarding the use and protection of their personal information.
Policy Changes. Your continued use of the Site after any changes are made to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of the changes. If any of the changes are unacceptable to you, you should cease using the Site. If any changes to this Policy affect how Premium Plus Advisors treats or handles information already provided by you to Premium Plus Advisors, Premium Plus Advisors will notify you by email (if Premium Plus Advisors has a valid email address to use) and give you thirty (30) days to opt-in, if applicable, to the changes as they pertain to your information. If you do not opt-in, if applicable, your information will continue to be used in a manner that is consistent with the version of this Policy under which it was collected, or the information will be deleted.
Collection and Use of Information. Premium Plus Advisors may collect and store any information you submit or upload through the Site, whether through your account registration, purchasing a product, uploading of user content, posting of comments, or otherwise. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, contact information, personal preferences, payment information, or any other information submitted by you or any user through the Site. Premium Plus Advisors may also collect and store passive information about your use of the Site as discussed herein. Premium Plus Advisors may use the collected information or data described herein, individually or in the aggregate, for any lawful purpose.
Premium Plus Advisors may use your submitted information to contact you, via regular mail, email, text message, telephone, or otherwise, regarding your account, the Site, your purchased products, or other relevant or promotional information or offers as determined by Premium Plus Advisors. By submitting your contact information to Premium Plus Advisors, you consent to receiving such communications.
Types of information collected on our sites. There are two types of information collected on our sites: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information (“personal information”) is information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you as an individual. Personal Information includes information collected directly from you if you choose to purchase products or use certain services available on our sites or personal information that you voluntarily provide, such as information included in response to a questionnaire or survey.
Personal information may also be obtained by us through the use of technology, such as cookies, and when we collect your geo-location, phone carrier, or other device information directly or through our third-party vendor(s).
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“non-personal information”) is information that does not identify you as an individual, such as your browser type, and the URL of the web sites you visited before or after our site. Premium Plus Advisors may automatically collect certain types of non-personal information from you when you visit our sites. We may also collect non-personal information that you voluntarily provide, such as information included in response to a questionnaire or survey.
(a) Non-Personal Information Collected Through Technology
(2) IP Address: Our site may collect IP addresses for the purposes of systems administration, authentication and security, server problem diagnosis and compiling aggregate information, such as how many visitors accessed our sites. When you visit a particular page on our site, our servers may log your IP address. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer automatically when you use the Internet.
(3) Embedded Pixels: We may use embedded pixel technologies on selected pages for the purposes of identifying unique user visits to our sites as opposed to aggregate hits. In addition, embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in emails to provide information on when the email was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness. Information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient’s email address.
(4) Do Not Track Disclosure: We do not respond to your browser’s Do Not Track signals.
Why we collect your information. Premium Plus Advisors may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your application, process your payment and to facilitate delivery of your policy or service. We may also save your information to facilitate new product requests;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, and transaction requests;
- To fulfill our obligations under your policy, to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- To develop and provide you with products, services, and features that better meet your needs or requests;
- To respond to any government or regulatory request, law enforcement requests, or to conform with the requirements of any court order, law or legal process;
- As required or permitted by applicable law or governmental regulations;
- To protect or defend our legal rights or property, our sites, or our users or investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or violations of the terms and conditions of using our sites; and
- As described to you when collecting your personal information. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Who we share personal information with. Premium Plus Advisors shares customer information, including information about our transactions with you (such as payments) and experiences with you, within the Company to help meet your product and service needs. We share customer information inside or outside the Company:
- for our everyday business purposes, for public policy purposes, and as permitted (such as with consent or as necessary to complete a transaction you request) or required by law;
- with consumer reporting agencies, for example, during the underwriting process;
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of our business or operating unit;
- with companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance and financial products to you; and
- as needed, to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions and in connection with the investigation, establishment, and defense of legal rights.
Premium Plus Advisors does not sell personal information to non-affiliated third-party entities for them to sell products and services to you.
Review of Collected PII/Other Choices. The information Premium Plus Advisors has gathered about you will be maintained in a confidential manner. Premium Plus Advisors’ employees may access such information only when there is an appropriate business reason to do so, such as to issue a policy, send a premium notice or process an insurance claim. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information, and our employees are required to follow these privacy requirements. Unfortunately, no information transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Premium Plus Advisors cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our sites.
Children’s privacy. Unless otherwise specified, our sites are not directed toward children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that personal information on a child under the age of 13 is collected, we will delete that information from our systems.
Acceptance of Policy. By visiting our sites, you are accepting the terms and conditions of this Policy, and we have the right to use your information as described in this Policy. This Policy applies only with respect to the information that we collect online on our sites and not to any information that Premium Plus Advisors collects through other methods or sources. If for some reason you believe that our sites have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us at one of the addresses below.
Contacting Us. Please note that whenever you submit any information to us in connection with any Premium Plus Advisors products and services, you consent to Premium Plus Advisors’ processing of this information as necessary to provide the products and services in which you are participating.
If you have any questions or comments about our Policy and/or the way it affects you, please feel free to contact us by:
- Sending any e-mail questions to email@example.com
- Sending a letter via US Mail to:
2809 South 125th Avenue, Suite 284
Omaha, Nebraska 68144
- Sending a letter via US Mail to: